All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHappily retired in the village of Three Pines, Armand Gamache, former Chief Inspector of Homicide with the Surete du Quebec, has found a peace he'd only imagined possible. On warm summer mornings he sits on a bench holding a small book, The Balm in Gilead, in his large hands. There is a balm in Gilead, his neighbor Clara Morrow reads from the dust jacket, to make the wounded whole. While Gamache doesn't talk about his wounds and his balm, Clara tells him about hers. Peter, her artist husband, has failed to come home. Failed to show up as promised on the first anniversary of their separation. She wants Gamache's help to find him. Having finally found sanctuary, Gamache feels a near revulsion at the thought of leaving Three Pines. There's power eugh in Heaven, he finishes the quote as he contemplates the quiet village, to cure a sin-sick soul. And then he gets up. And joins her.Together with his former second-in-command, Jean-Guy Beauvoir, and Myrna Landers, they journey deeper and deeper into Quebec. And deeper and deeper into the soul of Peter Morrow. A man so desperate to recapture his fame as an artist, he would sell that soul. And may have. The journey takes them further and further from Three Pines, to the very mouth of the great St. Lawrence river. To an area so desolate, so damned, the first mariners called it The land God gave to Cain. And there they discover the terrible damage done by a sin-sick soul.
- Author BiographyLOUISE PENNY is the #1 The New York Times and Globe and Mail bestselling author of nine previous Chief Inspector Armand Gamache novels. She has been awarded the John Creasey Dagger, Nero, and Barry Awards, as well as two each of the Arthur Ellis, Macavity, and Dilys Awards. Additionally, Louise has won five Agatha Awards and five Anthony Awards. She lives in a small village south of Montreal.
- Author(s)Louise Penny
- PublisherMacMillan Audio
- Date of Publication26/08/2014
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleChief Inspector Gamache Novel
- Series Part/Volume Number10
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMacMillan Audio
- Weight295 g
- Width135 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Read byRalph Cosham
- Contained items statement12 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time900
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $20.14Trending at AU $35.44
- AU $31.18Trending at AU $37.14
- AU $18.33Trending at AU $19.93
- AU $14.77Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $45.77
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $37.39
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $40.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.