All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHappily retired in the village of Three Pines, Armand Gamache, former Chief Inspector of Homicide with the Surete du Quebec, has found a peace he'd only imagined possible. On warm summer mornings he sits on a bench holding a small book, The Balm in Gilead, in his large hands. There is a balm in Gilead, his neighbor Clara Morrow reads from the dust jacket, to make the wounded whole. While Gamache doesn't talk about his wounds and his balm, Clara tells him about hers. Peter, her artist husband, has failed to come home. Failed to show up as promised on the first anniversary of their separation. She wants Gamache's help to find him. Having finally found sanctuary, Gamache feels a near revulsion at the thought of leaving Three Pines. There's power eugh in Heaven, he finishes the quote as he contemplates the quiet village, to cure a sin-sick soul. And then he gets up. And joins her.Together with his former second-in-command, Jean-Guy Beauvoir, and Myrna Landers, they journey deeper and deeper into Quebec. And deeper and deeper into the soul of Peter Morrow. A man so desperate to recapture his fame as an artist, he would sell that soul. And may have. The journey takes them further and further from Three Pines, to the very mouth of the great St. Lawrence river. To an area so desolate, so damned, the first mariners called it the land God gave to Cain. And there they discover the terrible damage done by a sin-sick soul.
- Author BiographyLOUISE PENNY is the #1 New York Times and Globe and Mail bestselling author of nine previous Chief Inspector Armand Gamache novels. She has won numerous awards, including a CWA Dagger and the Agatha Award (five times), and was a finalist for the Edgar Award for Best Novel. She lives in a small village south of Montreal.
- Author(s)Louise Penny
- PublisherMinotaur Books
- Date of Publication26/08/2014
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleChief Inspector Gamache Novel
- Series Part/Volume Number10
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMinotaur Books
- Weight567 g
- Width165 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.