Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHazel Ladd has spent her whole life hiding the love she feels for one of her daughters and disguising the hatred she feels for the other. After fifteen years apart, they all meet up for a long weekend. Hazel's guilty secret is finally torn from her and the long-anticipated family reunion ends in disaster, with chilling results. The vel is set against the haunting backdrop of a wintry Norfolk coastline and a remote lighthouse that overlooks the bleak North Sea. Making sandcastles has never been so dangerous in this dark, creepy and multi-layered mystery, where thing is what it seems and whose troubled female protagonist starts to lose her grip on reality, putting her family's lives in danger. This is a disturbing portrayal of a deeply complex mother, whose longed-for family reunion with her two estranged daughters goes horribly wrong. All she'd ever tried to do was protect her daughters from the truth...The Long Weekend explores the theme of maternal love and how the 'sins of the mother' affect the daughters. It also focuses on how dysfunctional patterns repeat across generations. Jane E. James weaves gothic and supernatural elements through her vel to create a truly chilling read that will appeal particularly to fans of mystery vels.
- Author BiographyJane E. James enjoys living the 'good life' in the Cambridgeshire countryside with her husband and four dogs. She likes being a little bit mysterious too, like her books.
- Author(s)Jane E. James
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication04/12/2014
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.84Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.08
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $34.27Trending at AU $40.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.