All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt last, a book that explains in practical terms the concept of calorie restriction (CR)--a life-extending eating strategy with profound and sustained beneficial effects, according to the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. The concept is simple and flexible: eat fewer calories and choose foods carefully. Longtime CR practitioners and experts Brian M. Delaney and Lisa Walford clearly explain all the relevant health and nutrition guidelines and provide the tools you need to make the appropriate dietary changes. The results can be dramatic; those who follow CR have quickly lowered their cholesterol and blood pressure and reduced their body fat. Recently featured on Oprah and 60 Minutes, CR is continuing to gain momentum. With updated research and new information about exercise and food choices, The Longevity Diet is the key to a longer, healthier life.
- Author BiographyBrian M. Delaney is the president of the Calorie Restriction Society International. He lives in Florida and Sweden. Lisa Walford is coauthor, with Roy L. Walford, MD, of The Anti-Aging Plan. She lives in Venice, California.
- Author(s)Brian M. Delaney,Lisa Walford
- PublisherMarlowe & Co
- Date of Publication01/07/2008
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMarlowe & Co
- Content NoteP
- Weight485 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.