All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContinuing the story of The Hobbit, this seven-volume paperback boxed set of Tolkien's epic masterpiece, The Lord of the Rings is a collection to treasure. Sauron, the Dark Lord, has gathered to him all the Rings of Power; the means by which he intends to rule Middle-earth. All he lacks in his plans for dominion is the One Ring - the ring that rules them all - which has fallen into the hands of the hobbit, Bilbo Baggins. In a sleepy village in the Shire, young Frodo Baggins finds himself faced with an immense task, as the Ring is entrusted to his care. He must leave his home and make a perilous journey across the realms of Middle-earth to the Crack of Doom, deep inside the territories of the Dark Lord. There he must destroy the Ring forever and foil the Dark Lord in his evil purpose. Discover the incredible epic journey of Frodo in a celebratory seven-volume boxed set of fantasy classic, The Lord of the Rings. Box set contains: Book 1: The Fellowship of the Ring - The Ring Sets Out Book 2: The Fellowship of the Ring - The Ring Goes South Book 3: The Two Towers - The Treason of Isengard Book 4: The Two Towers - The Ring Goes East Book 5: The Return of the King - The War of the Ring Book 6: The Return of the King - The End of the Third Age Book 7: Appendices
- Author BiographyJ.R.R.Tolkien (1892-1973) was a distinguished academic, though he is best known for writing The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings and The Silmarillion, plus other stories and essays. His books have been translated into over 30 languages and have sold many millions of copies worldwide.
- Author(s)J. R. R. Tolkien
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication30/08/2012
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Children's Books
- Out-of-print date06/04/2016
- Weight1300 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine107 mm
- Contained items statement7 Paperbacks
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.