About this product
- DescriptionIn a sleepy village in the Shire, a young hobbit is entrusted with an immense task. He must make a perilous journey across Middle-earth to the Crack of Doom, there to destroy the Ruling Ring of Power - the only thing that prevents the Dark Lord's evil dominion.
- Author BiographyJ.R.R.Tolkien (1892-1973) was a distinguished academic, though he is best known for writing The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings and The Silmarillion, plus other stories and essays. His books have been translated into over 30 languages and have sold many millions of copies worldwide.
- PrizesRunner-up for The BBC Big Read Top 21 2003 and The BBC Big Read Top 100 2003. Shortlisted for BBC Big Read Top 100 2003.
- Author(s)J. R. R. Tolkien
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication03/09/2001
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleCollins Modern Classics
- Series Part/Volume Numberpt. 1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date21/09/2009
- Content Notemaps
- Weight349 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 3
- Reading AgeFrom 12 To 99
- Interest AgeFrom 12
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.