The Lost Ark of the Covenant: The Remarkable Quest for the Legendary Ark by Tudor V. Parfitt (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $10.75Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by angus_robertson
- Est. delivery by 5 Mar
- AU $8.99Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProfessor Tudor Parfitt, a real-life British Indiana Jones, has made the biggest discovery of the last 3,000 years - what became of the fabled Ark of the Covenant. This is the amazing story of his quest. This is the real-life account of Professor Tudor Parfitt's remarkable discovery - of the lost Ark of the Covenant that disappeared from the Temple of Jerusalem centuries ago. The holiest object in the world, the Ark of the Old Testament contains the tablets of law sacred to Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Scholar, orientalist and adventurer, Parfitt embarked on an incredible journey to discover where the Ark is hidden, and, when he reveals his discovery, history books will be rewritten forever. Parfitt's quest took him on an incredible detective trail across the Middle East and Africa, following the unkwn journey that the guardians of the lost Ark took with their precious cargo centuries ago. His search led him through ancient documents and codes, and even the complexities of modern genetic science, for the clues to take him closer to the fabled Ark. But some people didn't want the Ark to be found. In the wilder reaches of the Yemen he narrowly escaped being kidnapped by Islamist fugitives. In Africa he was shot at, ambushed and arrested. Amongst crossing paths with a motley crowd of mystics, holy men, charlatans and politicians, he encountered a strange tribe in the mysterious lands of the Limpopo River who claimed that they knew the Ark's final resting place. When Parfitt finally set eyes on the Ark, it wasn't at all where he expected. This is the incredible story of his quest.
- Author BiographyTudor Parfitt is Professor of Jewish Studies at London's prestigious School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) and Fellow of the Oxford Centre of Hebrew and Jewish Studies, and has written widely on the history of the Jews of Africa and Asia. In 2006 he was appointed Distinguished Visiting Fellow at Harvard University. As a broadcaster he wrote and presented 'In Search of the Sons of Abraham' for Channel Four, has written a number of documentaries for the BBC and was the subject of an episode of CBS's 60 Minutes. He has travelled widely through remote areas of Africa and Asia and divides his time between London and the Templar region of the South Aveyron.
- Author(s)Tudor V. Parfitt
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication05/02/2009
- SubjectTrue Stories
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarper Element
- Content Note(2x8pp colour plates)
- Weight400 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.18
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.24
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.64
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.75
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.89
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.