All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'He too began to chase the great pierrot through the corridors of the chateau...' A vel of desperate yearning and vanished adolescence, the story of Meaulnes and his restless search for a lost, enchanted world has the atmosphere of a dream and the purity of a fairy tale. A new series of twenty distinctive, unforgettable Penguin Classics in a beautiful new design and pocket-sized format, with coloured jackets echoing Penguin's original covers.
- Author BiographyAlain-Fournier was born in 1886, the son of a country school-master. He was educated at Brest and in Paris, where he met and fell in love with the original Yvonne, who influenced his whole life and work. The Lost Estate (Le Grand Meaulnes), his only completed novel, was published in 1912. Two years later, Alain-Fournier was killed in action on the Western Front.
- Author(s)Henri Alain-Fournier
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication26/05/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitlePocket Penguins
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Weight150 g
- Width111 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.