All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEdward IV has died, leaving his 12-year-old son as king. But England has been torn apart by the Wars of the Roses. Nobody wants a boy-king. Soon the boy's uncle Richard III is on the throne - but Henry Tudor is challenging him for the crown. Henry and Richard have one thing in common: they need the young Edward V and his little brother out of the way. The two boys are sent to the Tower of London for safety. They are never seen again...A fascinating look at the brief reign of Richard III, told through the eyes of the princes' nursemaid. What really happened to the princes in the Tower? Was Richard responsible - or has he been wrongly accused for centuries?
- Author BiographyAlison Prince was born in Kent and grew up in South London. She completed a degree course at the Slade School of Art then became a teacher. She tried her hand at journalism and farming before she became a television writer. She is the co-creator of the famous Trumpton series. She won the Guardian Children's Fiction Prize jointly with Philip Pullman and has also won the Scottish Arts Council's Children's Book of the Year award. She is a biographer and poet as well as a children's author. She lives in Scotland.
- Author(s)Alison Prince
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication24/04/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleFlashbacks
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black (Childrens books)
- Content NoteNo
- Weight90 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Interest Agefrom 9 to 11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.