All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMarli is staying with her dad in Melbourne, and missing her friends. Then she discovers a mystery - a crumbling, abandoned mansion is to be returned to her family after ninety years. Marli sneaks into the locked garden to explore, and meets Luca, a boy who has his own connection to Riversleigh. A peacock hatbox, a box camera and a key on a velvet ribbon provide clues to what happened long ago ...In 1922, Violet is fifteen. Her life is one of privilege, with boating parties, picnics and extravagant balls. An army of servants looks after the family - including new chauffeur Nikolai Petrovich, a young Russian UmigrU. Over one summer, Violet must decide what is important to her. Who will her sister choose to marry? What will Violet learn about Melbourne's slums as she defies her father's orders to help a friend? And what breathtaking secret is Nikolai hiding? Violet is determined to control her future. But what will be the price of her rebellion?
- Author BiographyBelinda Murrell has worked as a travel journalist, technical writer, editor and public relations consultant. Her overseas adventures inspired her work as a travel writer for the West Australian newspaper and Out & About With Kids travel magazine. Her work has also appeared in the Sun Herald, Sunday Telegraph and Sydney Morning Herald. While Belinda studied Children's Literature at Macquarie University, her passion for children's books was reignited when she had her own three children and began telling and writing stories for Nick, Emily and Lachlan. Belinda's books include the Sun Sword fantasy trilogy, Scottish timeslip tale The Locket Of Dreams, French Revolution timeslip tale The Ruby Talisman, Australian timeslip tales The Ivory Rose and The Sequin Star, and Australian historical tales The Forgotten Pearl and The River Charm. Belinda also writes the Lulu Bell series for younger readers, about friends, family, animals, and growing up in a vet hospital. Belinda is also an author ambassador for Room to Read and Books in Homes.
- Author(s)Belinda Murrell
- PublisherRandom House Australia
- Date of Publication16/05/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNorth Sydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2016
- ImprintRandom House Australia Children's Books
- Weight222 g
- Width130 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $128.00Trending at AU $199.21
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $167.89
- AU $26.64Trending at AU $29.41
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.29
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.62
- AU $38.98Trending at AU $44.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.