Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $26.99
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $35.03
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.40
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $45.22
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $38.19
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $13.38
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $15.11
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the author of the New York Times bestseller Juliet comes a mesmerizing vel about a young scholar who risks her reputation and her life on a thrilling journey to prove that the legendary warrior women kwn as the Amazons actually existed. Oxford lecturer Diana Morgan is an expert on Greek mythology. Her obsession with the Amazons started in childhood when her eccentric grandmother claimed to be one herself before vanishing without a trace. Diana s colleagues shake their heads at her Amazon fixation. But then a mysterious, well-financed foundation makes Diana an offer she cant refuse. Traveling to North Africa, Diana teams up with Nick Barran, an enigmatic Middle Eastern guide, and begins deciphering an unusual inscription on the wall of a recently unearthed temple. There she discovers the name of the first Amazon queen, Myrina, who crossed the Mediterranean in a heroic attempt to liberate her kidnapped sisters from Greek pirates, only to become embroiled in the most famous conflict of the ancient world the Trojan War. Taking their cue from the inscription, Diana and Nick set out to find the fabled treasure that Myrina and her Amazon sisters salvaged from the embattled city of Troy so long ago. Diana doesn t kw the nature of the treasure, but she does kw that someone is shadowing her, and that Nick has a sinister agenda of his own. With danger lurking at every turn, and unsure of whom to trust, Diana finds herself on a daring and dangerous quest for truth that will forever change her world. Sweeping from England to North Africa to Greece and the ruins of ancient Troy, and navigating between present and past, The Lost Sisterhood is a breathtaking, passionate adventure of two women on parallel journeys, separated by time, who must fight to keep the lives and legacy of the Amazons from being lost forever. Praise for The Lost Sisterhood Impossible to put down . . . Meticulous research, a delicious mystery, and characters that leap from the story make this brilliant book a Perfect 10. Romance Reviews Today Anne Fortier tells two tales of adventure, mystery and romance . . . reminiscent of The Da Vinci Code with a hint of A Discovery of Witches. Fredericksburg Free Lance Star Boldly original . . . will intrigue lovers of ancient worlds as well as those who are just fans of a good story. Bookreporter A gorgeous journey from England to North Africa to Greece, thrilling readers with beautiful settings, courageous women and breathtaking adventure. BookPage Grounded in a thorough kwledge of classical literature, this skillful interweaving of plausible archaeological speculation, ancient mythology, and exciting modern adventure will delight fans of such authors as Kate Mosse and Katherine Neville. Library Journal (starred review)The Lost Sisterhood is a spellbinding adventure, a tale of two courageous women separated by millennia but pursuing interwoven quests: one to protect and lead her sisters through a dangerous ancient world, the other to prove that the legendary tribe of women truly existed, and that their legacy endures. Jennifer Chiaverini, author of Mrs. Lincoln s Dressmaker and The Spymistress Magical, ambitious, and riveting, The Lost Sisterhood blends past and present to bring the myth of the ancient Amazon to life. Kim Fay, author of The Map of Lost MemoriesFrom the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyAnne Fortier grew up in Denmark and divides her time between Europe and North America. She is the New York Times bestselling author of Juliet. Fortier also co-produced the Emmy Award winning documentary Fire and Ice: The Winter War of Finland and Russia. She holds a Ph.D. in the history of ideas from Aarhus University, Denmark. The Lost Sisterhood is her second novel in English.
- Author(s)Anne Fortier
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1998
- ImprintRandom House US Audio
- Weight526 g
- Width130 mm
- Height153 mm
- Spine57 mm
- Read byCassandra Campbell
- Contained items statement19 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time1440
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.