All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArthur Conan Doyle's classic work of science fiction follows Professor Challenger's team as they seek proof that disaurs do still walk the earth, retold for younger readers The Lost World was written in 1912 and was his first work of science fiction. It tells the story of the torious Professor Challenger, who leads a scientific expedition to the Amazonian rainforest after the press and the scientific community ridicule him. Accompanied by a big game hunter and an eager young reporter, the professor and his team stumble upon a lost world and get trapped there. As they struggle to escape and deliver the impossible truth, they encounter great danger from wild animals, ape-men, and even disaurs! This retelling has been shortened and illustrated for younger readers.
- Author BiographyPauline Francis has 20 years of experience as a secondary school teacher and trained librarian. She is the author of a number of retellings of well-known classics, including The Count of Monte Cristo, Frankenstein, and The War of the Worlds.
- Author(s)Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- PublisherReadZone Books Limited
- Date of Publication25/07/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleExpress Classics
- Place of PublicationTwickenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintReadZone Books Limited
- Weight113 g
- Width130 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Revised byPauline Francis
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.