All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe time was December 7, 1941. The wife and young son of the U.S.S. Arizona's chaplain, Captain Thomas L. Kirkpatrick, were listening to the radio that Sunday afteron, when suddenly they heard: We interrupt this program to bring you a special news bulletin. The Japanese have attacked Pearl Harbor, Hawaii by air, President Roosevelt has just anunced. The attack also was made on all Naval and Military activities on the principal island, Oahu. The following day, the President made his historic speech to Congress, using language that would galvanize a shocked nation and propel America into war. The same day, the telegram arrived that ended a two-decade-long story about a love that endured numerous lengthy separations while the chaplain was deployed either at sea or at a remote duty station. How this military couple endured these stresses yet kept their marriage alive and vibrant, forms the core of this heartwarming and inspiring story, embedded in the sweep of world-changing historical events.
- Author(s)Thomas I Kirkpatrick
- Date of Publication25/10/2011
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.