Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $10.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionChambers' study assumes the absolute authority of the Bible, then searches it deeply to discover treasures that enhance spiritual growth. Those treasures include the richness and relevance of Scripture, the reality of faith at work, and intimacy with God.
- Author BiographyOswald Chambers (1874-1917) was born July 24, 1874, in Aberdeen, Scotland. He came into a personal relationship with Jesus as his Savior in his teen years under the ministry of Charles Haddon Spurgeon, and studied art and archeology at the University of Edinburgh before answering a call from God to the Christian ministry. He then studied theology at Dunoon College. From 1906-1910 he conducted an itinerant Bible-teaching ministry in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Japan.In 1910, Chambers married Gertrude Hobbs. They had one daughter, Kathleen.In 1911 he founded and became principal of the Bible Training College in Clapham, London, where he lectured until the school was closed in 1915 because of World War I. In October 1915 he sailed for Zeitoun, Egypt (near Cairo), where he ministered to troops from Australia and New Zealand as a YMCA chaplain. He died there November 15, 1917, following surgery for a ruptured appendix.Although Oswald Chambers wrote only one book, Baffled to Fight Better (since updated and titled Our Ultimate Refuge ), more than thirty titles bear his name. Mrs. Chambers, a court stenographer, compiled the rest of her husband's published works from her verbatim shorthand notes. For half a century following her husband's death she labored to give his words to the world. My Utmost For His Highest, his best-known work, has been continuously in print in the United States since 1935 and remains in the top ten titles of the religious book bestseller list with millions of copies in print. It has become a Christian classic.The Oswald Chambers material is published and licensed exclusively by Discovery House Publishers through arrangement with the Oswald Chambers Publications Association, Ltd.
- Author(s)Oswald Chambers
- PublisherDiscovery House Publishers,U.S.
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDiscovery House Publishers,U.S.
- Out-of-print date22/09/2009
- Weight150 g
- Width137 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.