All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.65
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.59
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $18.22Trending at AU $21.30
About this product
- DescriptionHow does one talk about love? We are all beginners when it comes to love, from those tentative first dates to learning how to live with, or without, someone. But how does one describe love? How does one chart its delights and pleasures, its depths and desolations? Do we even have the right words to describe something that can be both utterly mundane and completely transcendent, pulling us out of our everyday lives and making us feel a part of something greater than ourselves? David Levithan's The Lover's Dictionary starts where we all once started - with the alphabet. Constructing the story of a relationship as a dictionary, Levithan explores the intimacies and workings of love through his nameless narrator, to paint a moving portrait of love through everyday words. Cleverly using the confines of language to provide an intimate window into the great events and quotidian trifles of being part of a couple, Levithan gives us an indelible and deeply moving portrait of love in our time.
- Author BiographyDavid Levithan is the author of many acclaimed young-adult novels, including Boy Meets Boy, The Realm of Possibility, Love is the Higher Law, and (along with Rachel Cohn) the New York Times bestselling Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist, which has been adapted into a popular movie. He is an editorial director at Scholastic in the US.
- Author(s)David Levithan
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication02/02/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFourth Estate Ltd
- Weight160 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- chastingz2505 Nov, 2012by
This book is beautiful. If you've ever been in any kind of romantic relationship, there will be at least 20 things that you love about this book. If you haven't, here is a perfect guide of what to expect from love.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.