All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionNo More Carb Loading! So you're gearing up for a killer exercise session, or a big event like a marathon or a triathlon, and you want to avoid all the carbo-loading that's so prevalent amongst endurance athletes. You're interested in fueling your body for the combination of ideal health and performance, and you're ready for weight loss, longevity, health, and breaking your sugar addiction. But is that even possible? Can you really escape the pasta binges and gastrointestinal distress that often accompanies an over reliance on sugar? Can you really be a low-carb endurance athlete?Enhanced Performance Without Expensive Supplements Maybe you kw it's possible, but did you also kw that there are certain supplements low carb athlete should be training without? You're probably worried that you'll need to shell out big bucks for obscure supplements, right? Pine pollen? Ant protein? Thankfully, you just need some tried and true favorites that have proved the test of time. The number one supplement for low-carb athletes? It's likely to be sitting on your kitchen table right w. And there's ather one that 70% of the population is deficient in...don't let that be you, especially when deficiency can lead to fatigue and muscle cramps.Edge Out the Competition with Superior Nutrition As an Ironman triathlete who eats low-carb, author Ben Greenfield walks his talk. He's developed a detailed system that will put you nutritionally ahead of 99% of your competitors. From training days, to race week, to the day of the race itself, you'll learn exactly what you need to be eating and when for best performance and best health. The Low Carb Athlete is the go-to resource for low carb athletes and those wishing to switch up their diet protocol from the old school carb-based diets of yesterday.
- Author BiographyBen Greenfield is an ex-bodybuilder, Ironman triathlete, Spartan racer, coach, speaker, and author of the New York Times Bestseller Beyond Training: Mastering Endurance, Health and Life. In 2008, Ben was voted as NSCA's Personal Trainer of the Year and in 2013 and 2014 was named by Greatist as one of the top 100 Most Influential People in Health and Fitness. Ben blogs and podcasts at BenGreenfieldFitness.com and resides in Spokane, WA, with his wife and twin sons.
- Author(s)Ben Greenfield
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication19/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight168 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.