Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $27.94
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.35Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
About this product
- DescriptionThe purpose of The Low Vision Handbook is to make each step in the low vision process clear for the assistant who is going to provide the most complete level of services for the client. Two main subjects are focused on in The Low Vision Handbook. First, an introduction to low vision as a medical and optical problem is presented. The second section covers rehabilitation concerns of low vision and blindness, including psychological responses to vision loss and how to understand patients in various stages of acceptance. The Low Vision Handbook is one of several books in our Basic Bookshelf for Eyecare Professionals series. The goal of the Basic Bookshelf is to provide basic and advanced material with a clinical approach to clinicians and students.
- Author BiographyBarbara Brown, CO, Med, is an orthoptist and ophthalmic medical technologist who began her career as an orientation and mobility instructor. She has been dedicated to low vision care since 1976 and has helped to initiate low vision clinics in Augusta, CA; Jacksonville, FL; and several ophthalmology practices around Boston, MA. She has provided low vision care to patients, taught ophthalmology residents and ophthalmic technicians about low vision, and assisted in the development of the low vision section of the JCAHPO certification examinations. She has seen a tremendous increase of interest in low vision over the past 30 years and hopes that the next generation of ophthalmic and optometric health care providers of any capacity continue to be vitally concerned about the debilitating aspects of low vision and are able to help their patients with compassion and skill. Ms. Brown currently teaches mathematics at a high school in the Boston area. After having several low vision students, she is learning to further appreciate the needs of low vision youth. And after becoming presbyobic herself, she is learning to further appreciate the value of magnification!
- Author(s)Barbara Brown
- PublisherSLACK Incorporated
- Date of Publication15/05/2007
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationThorofare
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSLACK Incorporated
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.