All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Lively ...a joy to read' - The Times From the bestselling author of A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian North London in the twenty-first century: a place where a son will swiftly adopt an old lady and take her home from hospital to impersonate his dear departed mother, rather than lose the council flat. A time of golden job opportunities, though you might have to dress up as a coffee bean or work as an intern at an undertaker or put up with champagne and posh French dinners while your boss hits on you. A place rich in language - whether it's Romanian, Ukrainian, Russian, Swahili or buxom housing officers talking managementese. A place where husbands go absent without leave and councillors sacrifice cherry orchards at the altar of new builds. Marina Lewycka is back in this hilarious, farcical, tender vel of modern issues and manners.
- Author BiographyMarina Lewycka's first novel, A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian, has sold more than a million copies in the UK alone and was shortlisted for the Orange Prize, longlisted for the Man Booker and won the Bollinger Everyman Prize for Comic Fiction and the Waverton Good Read Award. Her other novels are Two Caravans, We Are All Made of Glue and Various Pets Alive and Dead. Marina Lewycka lives in Sheffield.
- PrizesShortlisted for Bollinger Everyman Wodehouse Prize 2016.
- Author(s)Marina Lewycka
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication05/05/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFig Tree
- Weight504 g
- Width141 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine35 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $52.84
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.43
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.27
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.