Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $39.99+ AU $5.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by booksourcesonlineaustralia
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $16.00Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by cta6502
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKrystal Barter is an extraordinary young woman: a fighter, a survivor, a wife, a mother and a crusader. She was born with the breast cancer gene, a hereditary curse that has run through generation after generation in her family, claiming at least twenty of her close relatives. But unlike them, Krystal was able to take the BRCA1 gene test, and found out the devastating news that she too was carrying the rogue gene. She had the courage to face her greatest fear, kwing that she could control and change her destiny - and even more courageously, she did. At the age of 25, with her husband and two children beside her, she decided to have a double mastectomy - on national television, less, so she could inspire others in similar circumstances to do the same. From her hospital bed, Krystal started a unique community and fund-raising platform called Pink Hope, which is a safe haven and resource for cancer victims and women throughout Australia. Pink Hope has raised thousands of dollars and helped countless women feel supported and less alone at a crucial time of their lives. From a troubled - and troublesome! - teenager struggling to come to terms with her mother's illness and the family curse, to a young wife and mother faced with a terrible choice, to a never-say-die woman who has inspired tens of thousands of others, The Lucky One is a story of love, courage and transformation that will move all who read it. You will never forget Krystal Barter and the legacy she is building for her family and the world.
- Author BiographyIn 2009 while recovering from her double mastectomy, Krystal Barter founded the charity, Pink Hope, a community dedicated to inspiring, supporting and informing women at high risk of breast and ovarian cancer. An experienced and passionate speaker, Krystal has featured on 60 Minutes, Today Show, Madison, In Style, Harpers Bazaar, A Current Affair, The Morning Show, Sun Herald, Cleo, Cosmo and SBS Insight, to name a few! In 2012 she was a finalist for the Young Australian of the Year and NSW Woman of the Year, 2012 Finalist for In-style Audi Women of Style Awards, 2012 Madison Inspirational Woman, 2011 Harpers Bazaar Woman of Influence and 2010 Warringah Young Citizen of the Year. The Lucky One is Krystal's first book.
- Author(s)Krystal Barter
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.