CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis book charts the turbulent history of the Luftwaffe from its secret origins in direct defiance of the Versailles Treaty, through its dominance in the early days of World War II to its ultimate destruction over a ravaged Berlin.As well as providing a comprehensive study of the Luftwaffe's history and combat experience in every theatre of the war, Chris McNab also gives a fascinating insight into the human and material aspects of this unique organization. The aces and aircrews who flew mission after mission without respite are examined, and their planes, from the rewned Bf 109, Fw 190 and He 111 to the less well kwn variants, are looked at in detail alongside studies of their uniforms, equipment and tactics.Drawing from Osprey's famous aviation artwork and more than 150 photos, this book conveys all the drama of the Luftwaffe's existence, from bombing raids over London to jet fighter dogfights over Berlin, bringing the story of the Luftwaffe to life.
- Author BiographyDr. Chris McNab has a PhD in literature and theology and is an author and editor specialising in military history and military technology. To date he has published more than 40 books, including A History of the World in 100 Weapons (2011), Deadly Force (2009) and Tools of Violence (2008). He is the contributing editor of Hitler's Armies: A History of the German War Machine 1939-45 (2011) and Armies of the Napoleonic Wars (2009). Chris has also written extensively for major encyclopedia series, magazines and newspapers, and he lives in South Wales.
- Author(s)Chris McNab
- PublisherChartwell Books
- Date of Publication15/04/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChartwell Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight1288 g
- Width197 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.