All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionThere has t been an in-depth history of the Luftwaffe published for many years and and this scholarly one-volume survey of the history of the Luftwaffe will become the leading reference work on the subject. The author is a well-respected military, aviation and naval historian, who has been researching this subject for many years in order to bring the latest information on and analysis of the Luftwaffe together in this work of reference. The book covers the history, campaigns, strategies, commanders and personalities of the Luftwaffe in depth as well as looking at the aircraft, although it does t cover aircraft types in detail. It covers the following specific areas: the prewar development of the Luftwaffe from its beginnings in the early 1930s, the attack on Poland, 1939, the campaigns in the West, 1940, the Battle of Britain, the Mediterranean and North African campaigns up to 1942/3 and the Eastern Front to Stalingrad, the Eastern Front to the end of the war, the defence of the Reich, the war against Allied shipping and the last days of the war. This history of the Luftwaffe gives a fresh and detailed insight into the dramatic rise and fall of one the world's most formidable air forces. Alongside the detailed analysis of campaigns and strategies, the role of significant individuals in shaping the Luftwaffe's destiny is also followed so that human side of the story is given due prominence in this history.
- Author BiographyE. R. (Ted) Hooton has been a journalist for 40 years and a defence journalist for about 25 years. He has written numerous articles on military history and highly regarded books on the history of the Luftwaffe, Phoenix Triumphant: The Rise and Fall of the Luftwaffe (1992), Eagle in Flames: The Fall of the Luftwaffe (1997) and The Luftwaffe at War series (Classic, 2007), as well as contributing to several others.
- Author(s)E. R. Hooton
- PublisherCrecy Publishing
- Date of Publication23/09/2010
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintClassic Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.