All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThough only founded in 2004, the practice of Luis Vidal (LVA) is w one of the five largest in Spain, and has quickly established an international reputation for its large-scale public buildings. LVA, which took off after Vidals key role in Madrid Airport's Terminal 4, is particularly rewned for Zaragoza Airport, and Heathrow Terminal 2. The practice is also involved in several hospital projects across Spain and Latin America, as well as offices and museums, masterplanning, interior designs and product designs. This book looks at all the major projects that have been built or designed by LVA to date, but its primary focus is on the working process behind the practice. It looks at the role of collaboration with other architects and designers; the crucial role of the clients; and the importance of cross-disciplinary approaches and lateral thinking. In order to reinforce the process-led approach to their work, the book's invative design includes numerous links and cross-references between projects and design concepts.
- Author BiographyClare Melhuish is a writer and academic working on the anthropology of modern architecture and the built environment. She is based in London.
- Author(s)Clare Melhuish,Marta Cumellas
- PublisherLaurence King Publishing
- Date of Publication28/10/2013
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLaurence King Publishing
- Content Note300 illustrations, 280 in colour
- Weight1510 g
- Width250 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.