All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the greatest Marxist theorists of his generation, Georg Lukacs was a prolific writer of remarkably catholic, if moralistic, tastes. In The Lukacs Reader , his biographer Arpad Kadarkay represents the great range and variety of Lukacsa s output. The reader includes, in original translations, and with introductory essays, Lukacs on: Kierkegaard, Shakespeare, Ford, Strindberg, Ibsen, Wilde, Shaw, Gaughin, Dostoevsky, Nietzsche, and Heidegger. Also collected are: the autobiographical essay a On the Poverty of Spirita , material from Lukacsa s diary, and such key articles as: a Aesthetic Culturea , a The Ideology of Modernisma , a Bolshevism as an Ethical Problema , and a Class Consciousnessa . What emerges is a figure very much at the centre of European thought whose value to modern culture and philosophy differs markedly from that which received opinion generally admits.
- Author BiographyThe editor is the author of Georg Lukacs: Life, Thought and Politics (Blackwell Publishers, 1991) and is a Professor in the Department of Politics and Government at the University of Puget Sound.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication30/09/1995
- Series TitleBlackwell Readers
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight490 g
- Width153 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byArpad Kadarkay
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.05New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.