All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $20.14Trending at AU $35.44
- AU $31.18Trending at AU $37.14
- AU $18.33Trending at AU $19.93
- AU $14.77Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $45.77
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $37.39
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $40.54
About this product
- DescriptionAs the Millennial generation (those born between 1982 and 2000) rapidly enters the workforce, their introduction into the workplace has been anything but seamless. In fact, you might have already heard one of these jaw-dropping stories: the mother who called HR to complain when her daughter got a mediocre performance review. The recent college graduate who dialled the CEO directly to tell him what the company could be doing better. The young employee who revealed a new product launch on her Facebook page before it was anunced to the public.As unbelievable as these scenarios seem, they are happening in workplaces around the world every day, and in The M-Factor, Baby Boomer Lynne C. Lancaster and Generation Xer David Stillman identify the seven trends essential to understanding this new generation: The Parents, Entitlement, Meaning, Great Expectations, The Need for Speed, Social Networking, and Collaboration. Both humorous and savvy, this book-the ultimate guide to Millennials in the workplace-offers valuable insight and practical, actionable tips and solutions. Traditionalists, Boomers, Gen Xers, and even Millennials themselves can use The M-Factor to bridge generational gaps, be more productive, and achieve organizational success like never before.
- Author BiographyBaby Boomer Lynne C. Lancaster is a Phi Beta Kappa summa cum laude graduate of the University of Minnesota. She earned her stripes as a corporate communication consultant to companies such as CocaCola and Pillsbury, where she conducted research and coached executives on communication strategy. Lynne has served as a contributing faculty member at the University of Minnesota's Carlson School of Management, and her writing has appeared in numerous publications, including the Futurist and Nation's Business. She is coauthor, with David Stillman, of the bestselling business book When Generations Collide. Generation Xer David Stillman is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin at Madison with B.A. degrees in communications and sociology. He worked for ABC television in New York City as an intern for Prime Time Live, served as a roving reporter for CBS radio, and joined Integrated Strategies, Inc., in Minneapolis, Minnesota, as creative director. David founded his own firm, DAS Creative, a company that developed interactive multimedia tools for Fortune 500 companies. His cutting-edge creative work won him numerous accolades, including Worldfest-Houston medals, the New York Film Festival Award, and the much-coveted Clio Award. He is coauthor, with Lynne Lancaster, of the bestselling business book When Generations Collide. Susan Ericksen is an actress who performs on stage and television. An Audie Award and AudioFile Earphones Award winner, Susan has recorded many audiobooks, including Naked in Death by J. D. Robb and Savannah Blue by Mary Kay Andrews.
- Author(s)David Stillman,Lynne Lancaster
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication06/04/2010
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight79 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Narrator(s)Susan Ericksen
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time690
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.