All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis detailed and up-to-date guide to modern MOS structures describes important tools, cutting-edge models, vel phemena and current challenges in measuring and improving the control of future MOS systems for transistor channels. Building up from basic electrostatics, it introduces the ideal MOS system, physical and electrical properties of high-k oxides, their dielectric constants, and energy offsets to semiconductors and metals, before moving on to electrical and physical characterization methods for high-k dielectric materials. Finally, real MOS systems are introduced: high-k dielectrics and interlayers, the influence of phon dynamics, interface states and bulk traps, effective metal work functions, gate leakage phemena and high mobility channel materials. Abstract concepts are supported by practical examples and critical comparison, encouraging an intuitive understanding of the principles at work, and presented alongside recent theoretical and experimental results, making this the ideal companion for researchers, graduate students and industrial development engineers working in naelectronics.
- Author BiographyOlof Engstrom is Professor Emeritus of Microtechnology and Nanoscience, Chalmers University of Technology, Goteborg, Sweden, having formerly held positions in industrial high-power MOS devices and sensors. His research focuses on semiconductor quantum structures and interfaces. He is a member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences.
- Author(s)Olof Engstrom
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication25/09/2014
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note214 b/w illus.
- Weight870 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.