All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Magic Box, carried out by Dominique Perrault Architecture, is more than a public sports facility. It is a whole conceptual, urbanistic and constructive manifesto through the insertion of a radically contemporary building in a sensitive environment, which has helped to regenerate the southern edge of the city of Madrid and to round off the urban banks of the Manzanares River. The book includes unpublished texts by Andreas Ruby (a didactic essay) and Hans Ulrich Ibrist (an exclusive interview). It also includes a technical dossier dedicated to the construction of the building highly illustrated with plans (mostly unpublished) and a graphic documentation that breaks down the details of the construction, difficulties, successes and context of the assignment. In addition, this mograph also provides information on the competitive submissions, and further texts that explain the concept behind the Magic Box and the reason for its success.
- Author(s)Hans Ulrich Obrist
- PublisherQ Estudio, C.B.
- Date of Publication09/08/2011
- LanguageEnglish & Spanish
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Place of PublicationMadrid
- Country of PublicationSpain
- ImprintQ Estudio, C.B.
- Weight1089 g
- Width229 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.87Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.61Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.