About this product
- DescriptionTiptoes Lightly lives in an acorn high in the branches of a Great Oak Tree. Her tiny house has furniture-except for two downy feathers Lucy the Goose gave her to sleep on. Her friends, Pine Cone and Pepper Pot the gmes, decide to make her a birthday present of one table and three chairs. They search the forest for the perfect branch and enlist the help of forest folk to make the furniture: Ompliant the Elephant to carry the wood, Carpenter Ants to shape the branch and Spinalot the Spider to spin the webbing for the chairs. Unfortunately, Pepper Pot sits down on one of the chairs while the spider web is still fresh and becomes hopelessly flyed. When, at last, he is freed Pine Cone and Pepper Pot row down Running River to collect wax from the bees to finish the table and chairs. Hauling the table and chairs up the Tiptoes' oak tree presents a host of unexpected difficulties. Finally, at a surprise birthday party arranged by Jemima Mouse, Tiptoes receives her beautiful presents. At the request of the Mouse children she tells the tale of how she was born from Mother Wind and Father Sun. The book is rounded out with a short separate story, 'The Tale of None', in which little None (a ladybug with spots, ne at all!) goes to India, America and Africa to find her spots. These she receives from a spotted cow, a freckled girl and the king of spottiness himself, the leopard.'The Magic Kt and other tangles!' is lavishly illustrated by the artist-author. The stories are humorous and sanguine. They are incent and magical tales suitable for reading to young children or for young children to read.
- Author BiographyReg Down grew up in Canada, Namibia, South Africa and Ireland. He trained as a eurythmist, an art of movement and gesture, in England and Germany. The father of three, he has taught eurythmy in Waldorf schools in Australia, Canada and the United States. Many of his children's books arose out of his work with kindergarten and the younger grades. He is also the author of Leaving Room for the Angels, AWSNA Publications, a book on eurythmy and artistic pedagogy, and Color and Gesture-the Inner Life of Color, Lightly Press. He lives in Sacramento, California.
- Author(s)Reg Down
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication01/01/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight154 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.