All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere's a new resident at the Magical Animal Adoption Agency-but this one hasn't hatched yet! Mr. Jams brought home an enchanted egg from his last journey, and Clover can't wait to find out what kind of creature the polka-dotted shell contains. But one morning when Clover checks on the cozy nest of feathers she's made for the egg, she finds it empty, and the baby animal is where in sight! Clover is anxious to find the creature, but the Agency is full of visitors looking for pets of their own. Will Clover be able to match them with their perfect companions and save the mysterious animal before Mr. Jams returns from his trip? With charming illustrations by Alexandra Boiger, the second book in Kallie George's The Magical Animal Adoption Agency series celebrates the magic of new friends and the power of seeing with your heart. Praise for Clover's Luck [This] gentle tale of magic and self-reliance will entertain confident new independent readers. Clover's sweet story is a good next step for lovers of the Magic Tree House. -Kirkus Reviews The first vel in George's new series is a charming story, delicately written, with a winning heroine. Clover's first adventure with the magical animals at the agency comes to a conclusion that will satisfy young readers. -Booklist Online
- Author BiographyKallie George works as an author and editor in Vancouver, Canada, and she holds a master's in children's literature from the University of British Columbia. In addition to writing and editing, Kallie is a speaker and leads workshops for aspiring writers. She finds all eggs enchanting, even ordinary ones. Visit her online at kalliegeorge.com, and discover more about The Magical Animal Adoption Agency at magicalanimaladoptionagency.com. Alexandra Boiger grew up in Munich, Germany, where she studied graphic design, and then began a career in feature animation, allowing her to work for Warner Bros. UK and DreamWorks. After transitioning to children's books she has illustrated numerous popular titles including the first book in The Magical Animal Adoption Agency series, Clover's Luck. Alexandra is also the author/illustrator of her debut, Max and Marla. She lives with her husband and daughter in California. See more of her work online at alexandraboiger.com.
- Author(s)Alexandra Boiger,K George,Kallie George
- PublisherTurtleback Books
- Date of Publication03/11/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleMagical Animal Adoption Agency
- Series Part/Volume Number02
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTurtleback Books
- Weight272 g
- Width135 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Alexandra Boiger
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.