About this product
- DescriptionMr. Renny's paintings are so good that they almost appear real. But one seems to pay them any attention-until a strange man offers to make everything that Mr. Renny paints come to life. First there's the painting of the apple, which Mr. Renny can w eat. Then there's a huge hotdog, a new car, a cruise liner...Mr. Renny paints himself a life of luxury-until his friend Rose comes to ask if she can buy one of his paintings. But he doesn't have any real paintings left! The spell must be broken-and soon! A book containing subtle references to the work of Belgian surrealist Ren Magritte, the illustrations are full of clever and amusing details.
- Author BiographyLeo Timmers was born in 1970, in Belgium. At the age of 12 he started to draw comics. Trained in Graphic Design, he illustrates for Belgian magazines and papers as well as illustrating picture books. He is the author/illustrator of Who's Driving? (Gecko Press).
- Author(s)Leo Timmers
- PublisherGecko Press
- Date of Publication03/08/2012
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationWellington
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintGecko Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight545 g
- Width269 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byPenelope Todd
- Illustrator(s)Leo Timmers
- Translated byBill Nagelkerke
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.