All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.54
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionGalen Beckett weaves a dazzling spell of adventure and suspense in an evocative world of high magick and genteel society-a world where one young woman discovers that her modest life is far more extraordinary than she ever imagined. Of the three Lockwell sisters-romantic Lily, prophetic Rose, and studious, book-loving Ivy-it's Ivy, the eldest, who's held the family together after their father's silent retreat to the library upstairs. Everyone blames Mr. Lockwell's malady on his magickal studies, but Ivy still believes-both in magick and in its power to bring her father back. Yet it is t until Ivy takes a job with the reclusive Mr. Quent that she discovers the fate she shares with a secret society of highwaymen, revolutionaries, illusionists, and spies who populate the island nation of Altania. It's a fate that will determine whether Altania faces a new dawn-or an everlasting night.
- Author BiographyWhat if there was a fantastical cause underlying the social constraints and limited choices confronting a heroine in a novel by Jane Austen or Charlotte Bronte? Galen Beckett began writing The Magicians and Mrs. Quent to answer that question. He lives in Colorado and is currently at work on the next chapter in this fabulous tale of witches, magicians, and revolution, TheHouse on Durrow Street. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Galen Beckett
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight390 g
- Width140 mm
- Height207 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.