All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Parker has been a mailman for nearly 30 years and w his two teenage daughters are ready to start college. But they want to attend schools that would cost him more than $100,000 a year. He cant afford to send them to such elite schools, but he does t want to smash their dreams. So, he resorts to a life of crime -- robbing and murdering more than half a dozen people on his walking mail route. His familiarity with his victims allows him to learn which ones are prime candidates for robbery. The thefts inadvertently turn into murders and Parker finds himself in too deep to get out. But the police are stymied in their efforts to catch him and his robbery treasury grows to several hundred thousand dollars. But he finds his personal home life is going through amazing changes and tries to cope as a criminal and a father.
- Author BiographyKen Mink has spent more than 50 years as journalist/author. A Kentucky native, he retired from active newspaper work in 1998 but continued to serve as a journalist, editing an online magazine. Ken Mink lives in Knoxville, Tn., semi-retired after a 48-year career as a newspaper. He is editor of the travel magazine, The Travelling Adventurer (www.travellingadventurer.com), and writing freelance articles for newspapers and magazines. Other daily newspapers he worked for include the Lexington, Ky., Herald-Leader, the Dayton, Ohio, Daily News, the Bristol, Va., Herald-Courier, Kingsport, Tn., Times-News, Harrisonburg, Va., Daily News-Record and the Hopkinsville, Ky., New Era. He is the author of several books, including So, You Want Your Kid to be a Sports Superstar, Teen Gunslinger, A Bloody Trail, Nightmare on Black Mountain, Serpent on the Cross, and Hoops Dreamer: The Ken Mink Story. But he is perhaps best known as the World's Oldest College Basketball Player. He was unjustly expelled from college in 1956 while playing on his college team at Lees Junior College, Jackson, Ky. After retiring in 2007 he got the urge to try to return to college basketball at age 73 to finish his career. Incredibly, he made the team at Roane State College, Harriman, Tn., and went on to play in seven games and scored in three, setting numerous world records. He was featured on numerous national TV shows and was highlighted in hundreds of newspapers and magazines. He has signed with a Hollywood producer to do a movie based on his life.
- Author(s)Ken Mink
- Date of Publication18/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $30.15
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.