About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from The Main Chance Well, sir, they say I'm crooked! William Porter tipped back his swivel chair and placidly puffed a cigar as he watched the effect of this declaration on the young man who sat talking to him. That's said of every successful man wadays, isn't it? asked John Saxton. The president of the Clarkson National Bank igred the question and rolled his cigar from one side of his mouth to the other, as he waited for his words to make their full impression upon his visitor. They say I'm crooked, he repeated, with a narrowing of the eyes, but they don't say it very loud! Porter kicked his heels together gently and watched his visitor with eyes in which there was trace of humor; but Saxton saw' that he was expected to laugh. No, sir; the banker continued, they don't say it very loud, and I guess they don't any of them want to have to prove it. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Meredith Nicholson
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication26/11/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight617 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.