The Making Sense of Intellectual Capital: Designing a Method for the Valuation of Intangibles by Daniel Andriessen (Paperback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $95.29Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $129.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPeter Drucker has introduced us all to the kwledge era, where kwledge is the primary resource and intangibles (intellectual capital resources and assets) are w largely recognized as the most important sources of organizations' competitive advantage. With the recognition of the importance of Intangibles comes the problem of how to properly identify them and assign them a value within the corporation. This is an area of concern in 5 fields: 1) accounting and financial reporting, 2) performance measurement and management, 3) valuation in the finance field, 4) the Human Resources field in terms of management, strategy, and planning, and 5) Intellectual Capital. Over the past eight years, over 25 methods have been proposed for the valuation of intangibles coming out of these 5 fields. In this book, Andriessen evaluates 25 existing methods of intangible valuation according to highly developed criteria. In performing his evaluations, Andriessen synthesizes the state of the art research from these fields based on extensive research. He then presents his own method for valuing intangibles, which he began developing and testing as a Senior Manager at KPMG Kwledge Advisory Services in The Netherlands. He relates six case studies in which this method was tested in actual companies, carefully reviews the results of his tests, and then concludes by offering a new and improved method for valuing intangibles in his Weightless Wealth Toolkit, a complete step-by-step process for identifying, valuing, and managing Intangibles to help managers operate successfully in the Intangible Ecomy.
- Author BiographyBefore joining INHOLLAND University he worked as a management consultant for KPMG for over 12 years. He was founder of KPMG's Knowledge Advisory Services group in 1997, together with Dr. Rene Tissen. Together they have grown this group from 2 to 30 people, servicing clients all over the world in the field of knowledge management and intellectual capital valuation. Daniel received his PhD degree at Nyenrode University in The Netherlands and holds a masters degree in political and administrative science at the Free University, Amsterdam.
- Author(s)Daniel Andriessen
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/12/2003
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight725 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $21.32Trending at AU $23.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.