All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionTo write it took three months; to conceive it-three minutes; to collect the data in it-all my life. So said F. Scott Fitzgerald regarding This Side of Paradise, the vel he began writing in November 1917 and published on March 26, 1920. This Side of Paradise launched Fitzgerald as the Prophet of the Jazz Age and the spokesman for his generation. It is still one of the major reasons for his fame today. The story of how Fitzgerald wrote and published the book is fascinating. In The Making of This Side of Paradise , James West studies the inception, composition, publication, and textual history of the vel. He traces its growth from its earliest version, entitled The Romantic Egotist, to its final published form. Based on preserved documentary evidence-fragments of The Romantic Egotist, the manuscript of This Side of Paradise, surviving correspondence, and other papers-this volume blends the techniques of biographical, critical, and textual scholarship to tell the story of the making of the quintessential vel of the twenties.
- Author BiographyBiographer, book historian, and scholarly editor, James L. W. West III is Edwin Erle Sparks Professor of English at Pennsylvania State University.
- Author(s)James L. W. West
- PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Date of Publication01/03/1983
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Content Note1 illus.
- Weight350 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.