All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Making of a Blockbuster is an engrossing depiction of an out of where, self-made American industrialist, Wayne Huizenga. It captures with intensity the true grit and dynamic, unwavering character of a blockbuster personality and his rise to this country's preeminent entrepreneur. -- Sumner Redstone Chairman of the Board, Viacom Inc. This is more than a book. It's a fantasy about a man with great vision. A must read for anyone with dreams for their future. -- Aaron Spelling Spelling Television Inc. I have always admired anyone who makes it on their own and Wayne has done that in a big time way while never forgetting where it all began. The whole story is between the covers of this fascinating book, The Making of a Blockbuster. -- Frank Gifford ABC Sports Despite all the media buzz surrounding Blockbuster video, little has been written about Wayne Huizenga, the charismatic man behind it all--until w. Here is the complete inside story of how this college dropout-turned-garbage collector rose to become a corporate titan. This eye-opening book reveals everything from Huizenga's incredible transformation of 19 Blockbuster stores into a $4 billion entertainment conglomerate to his successful entry into the sports arena as owner of the Miami Dolphins, Florida Marlins, and the Florida Panthers. Huizenga's winning combination of business strategies, management style, and vision is explained in this book--a fascinating testament to the power of true grit, seat-of-the-pants dealmaking, and sheer entrepreneurial genius. The Making of a Blockbuster is an enthralling read for all who follow the entertainment and sports industries, and business readers who want to find out just how it's done.
- Author BiographyGAIL DeGEORGE is the Miami bureau manager for BusinessWeek. She has covered a broad range of business topics and has written about H. Wayne Huizenga and Blockbuster Entertainment Corp. since 1990.
- Author(s)Gail DeGeorge
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication27/01/1997
- SubjectBiography: Business
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteportraits
- Weight584 g
- Width165 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.