All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book presents unique literature in a mirity ethlect - the Germanic dialect of Wilamowice in Southern Poland. The manuscripts, written in the ethlect at the beginning of the 20th century, were discovered in 1989. The book contains full versions of several texts of various length written by Florian Biesik, who decided to create a literary standard for Wilamowicean in order to prove its n-German, but possibly Anglo-Saxon, Dutch, Flemish or Frisian origin. Thus it presents both the dialectal literature and the most important elements of the local culture during the final stages of its extinction.
- Author BiographyTomasz Wicherkiewicz is Associate Professor at The Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan, Poland.
- Author(s)Tomasz Wicherkiewicz
- PublisherWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Date of Publication25/02/2003
- Series TitleTrends in Linguistics. Documentation [TILDOC]
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.19
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMouton de Gruyter
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations, 4 schw.-w. Abb.
- Weight910 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.