All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe transformation of the London suburb of Penge from a quiet, rural hamlet into a bustling railway hub over the course of a century is the focus of this engaging historical study. London' s rapid development as a center of international capitalism in the 19th century and the social, ecomic, and political ramifications of this transformation on surrounding areas is examined. Attention is also given to the ways in which land was used and exploited. More than a quaint local history, this is a dynamic case study that unveils the grassroots impact of urban development.
- Author BiographyMartin Spence has been published in Capital and Class magazines.
- Author(s)Martin Spence
- PublisherThe Merlin Press Ltd
- Date of Publication23/11/2007
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Merlin Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight204 g
- Width139 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.