All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe memoir of paratrooper Kurt Gabel-a German Jew who emigrated to the US in 1938, joined the 513th Regiment of the 17th Airborne Division, and fought against his former countrymen in the Battle of the Bulge. Gabel conveys with rare immediacy anin-depth look at the training of a paratrooper, the dangers of combat, and his transformation from romantic idealist to warrior. He vividly recounts the fire fights and such episodes as narrow escapes, separation from his battalion and his rescue by ather, and the interrogation of prisoners. He tells the full story of his desperate hours on Dead Man's Ridge near Bastogne.
- Author BiographyWilliam C. Mitchell was professor of political science at the University of Oregon, USA and served in the 513th Parachute Infantry Regiment during World War II. Theodore A. Wilson is professor of history emeritus, University of Kansas, USA.
- Author(s)Kurt Gabel
- PublisherUniversity Press of Kansas
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Series TitleModern War Studies
- Place of PublicationKansas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Kansas
- Content Note18 photographs, 5 maps
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byWilliam C. Mitchell
- Foreword byTheodore A. Wilson
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.