All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis concise overview of the history and historiography of the American South puts the major problems and issues of that region into clear, accessible prose. It examines the major problems and issues of the Old South in clear, accessible prose. It covers the development of European outposts in the 16th Century, the Southern colonies, the Revolutionary War, and the Civil War and its aftermath. It explores the underlying topics and themes of the Southern way of life.
- Author BiographyJ. William Harris is Professor of History at the University of New Hampshire. He is the author of Plain Folk and Gentry in a Slave Society (1995) and Deep Souths: Delta, Piedmont, and Sea Island Society in the Age of Segregation (2001).
- Author(s)J. William Harris
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication06/12/2005
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleProblems in American History
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight496 g
- Width144 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.