All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
About this product
- DescriptionThe Making of the Dalit Public in North India is a detailed commentary on politics and political consciousness, participation, and mobilization among the Dalits in rthern India. Based on extensive fieldwork at the village level in eastern Uttar Pradesh, it deals with the social and political history of Dalits in the state from 1950 to the present. Using alternative sourcesstories and narrativesalive in the oral tradition and collective memory of the oppressed and marginalized Dalits, Narayan documents various social upheavals that have taken place in post-Independence India. He also examines the process of politicization of Dalit communities through their internal social struggles and movements, and their emergence as a political public in the State-oriented democratic political setting of contemporary India.
- Author BiographyBadri Narayan is Professor, Centre for the Study of Discrimination and Exclusion, School of Social Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- Author(s)Badri Narayan Tiwari
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication14/07/2016
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight244 g
- Width142 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.