All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDNA evidence t only solves crimes-in Sean Carroll's hands it will w end the Evolution Wars.DNA is the genetic material that defines us as individuals. Over the last two decades, it has emerged as a powerful tool for solving crimes and determining guilt and incence. But, very recently, an important new aspect of DNA has been revealed-it contains a detailed record of evolution. That is, DNA is a living chronicle of how the marvelous creatures that inhabit our planet have adapted to its many environments, from the freezing waters of the Antarctic to the lush capy of the rain forest.In this highly accessible narrative, Sean Carroll guides the general listener on a tour of the massive DNA record of three billion years of evolution to see how the fittest are made. And what an eye-opening tour it is-one that features immortal genes, fossil genes, and genes that bear the scars of past battles with horrible diseases. This book clinches the case for evolution beyond any reasonable doubt.
- Author BiographySean B. Carroll is an investigator at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute and a professor of genetics at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. His scientific discoveries have been featured in Time, U.S. News & World Report, and the New York Times, and Carroll himself has written articles for Natural History and Playboy. His first book, Endless Forms Most Beautiful: The New Science of Evo Devo, was a 2005 Top Popular Science Book of the Year (USA Today). He and his wife and children reside in Madison, Wisconsin. An AudioFile Earphones Award winner and Audie Award finalist, Patrick Lawlor is also an accomplished stage actor, director, and combat choreographer. His recent audio includes the New York Times bestseller The Last True Story I'll Ever Tell (Tantor). Lawlor is masterful. --The Philadelphia Inquirer
- PrizesWinner of Phi Beta Kappa Science Book Prize 2007.
- Author(s)Sean B. Carroll
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2007
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight72 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Narrator(s)Patrick Lawlor
- Format DetailsMP3 format
- Running Time480
- Edition StatementUnabridged
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $34.83
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.49
- AU $18.31Trending at AU $19.58
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $44.96
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $35.28
- AU $29.61Trending at AU $31.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.