Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionCandid and sensitive, this collection journeys between Africa, Europe, and the Americas as the poet explores his family history. Told with wit and an engaging ambivalence, these narrative poems explore areas of imaginative fantasy, including a consideration of how the slave trade would have been different had its main mode of transportation been the hot-air balloon rather than the slave ship. Touching on both pain and rich rewards from the perspective of a black British poet, this volume's goal is to entertain, instruct, and encourage contemplation.
- Author BiographyNii Ayikwei Parkes is the senior editor at Flipped Eye Publishing and a contributing editor at the Liberal. He is a performance poet and the author of E yes of a Boy, Lips of a Man ; M is for Madrigal ; and Tail of the Blue Bird. He is the recipient of the Arts Critics and Reviewers Association of Ghana Award for poetry and literary advocacy.
- Author(s)Nii Ayikwei Parkes
- PublisherPeepal Tree Press Ltd
- Date of Publication02/09/2010
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationYorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPeepal Tree Press Ltd
- Weight118 g
- Width135 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.