Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
About this product
- DescriptionShed is a half-breed bisexual boy who earns his keep at Ida Richilieu's outrageously pink whorehouse in the tiny turn- of- the- century town of Excellent, Idaho. Leaving behind the nights of drinking, talking and smoking opium stardust with his eccentric family, Shed sets off alone in search of the meaning of his Indian name and in search of himself. Along the way he falls in love with Dellwood Barker, a man who talks to the moon and who may be Shed's father. But it is t until Shed is back in Excellent and Isa has lost her legs and Dellwood his mind, that he attains the wisdom for which he is searching.
- Author BiographyTom Spanbauer is the author of three previous novels, Far Away Places, The Man Who Fell in Love with the Moon and In the City of Shy Hunters. He lives in Portland, Oregon, where he writes and teaches 'Dangerous Writing' classes. His former students include Chuck Palahniuk.
- Author(s)Tom Spanbauer
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication12/02/1996
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight289 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.