Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.64Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.00Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by manyhills
- Est. delivery by 2 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter the scandalous theft of of GBP27,000 from a local pub, a homeless drifter pursues his eccentric uncle, 'The Man Who Walks', up into the Highlands to recover the money. The nephew's frantic, stalled progress and other bizarre diversions form this wickedly hilarious vel. But who is The Man Who Walks? Is he simply a water-carrying madman with one glass eye and a fondness for whisky and pony nuts, and who has a physiological inability to handle slopes? Or is he a savant, touched by the hand of God, wandering the back roads along ancient, ancestral tracks? And as the sinister, unstable nephew gains on The Man Who Walks, can it be that it will all end in a field and that this field is Culloden Moor?
- Author BiographyAlan Warner is the author of six previous novels: Morvern Callar, These Demented Lands, The Sopranos, The Worms Can Carry Me To Heaven, The Stars in the Bright Sky, which was longlisted for the 2010 Man Booker Prize, and The Deadman's Pedal. He is Writer in Residence at Edinburgh University.
- Author(s)Alan Warner
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication29/03/2003
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight220 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $24.16Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.