All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $31.46Free postage
- AU $34.96Free postage
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionAfter an exorbitant land tax imposed on a country of mainly Coptic-speaking Christians by the caliph's goverrs in ninth-century Egypt sparks a peasant revolt, Bedeir is dispatched to the Nile Delta as an escort for a church-appointed emissary whose mission is to persuade the rebels to lay down their arms. The events that befall him bring about a gradual personal transformation, through which his eyes are opened to the commonalities that bind Muslims and Copts.
- Author BiographySalwa Bakr was born in Cairo in 1949. She is the author of seven volumes of short stories, seven novels, and a play. Her work has been translated into nine languages. Nancy Roberts is the translator of Mohamed El-Bisatie's Over the Bridge (AUC Press, 2006) and Hala El Badry's Muntaha (AUC Press, 2006).
- Author(s)Salwa Bakr
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2007
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Weight755 g
- Width157 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Translated byNancy Roberts
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.