All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionThe chilling third -- and breakthrough -- vel in the Martin Beck mystery series by the internationally rewned crime writing duo, finds Martin Beck investigating a string of child murders. With an introduction by Jo Nesbo: Sjowall and Wahloo have shoulders that can accomodate all of today's crime writers. And we are all there. In the once peaceful parks of Stockholm, a killer is stalking young girls and disposing their bodies. The city is on edge, and an undercurrent of fear has gripped its residents. Martin Beck, w a superintendent, has two possible witnesses: a silent, stone-cold mugger and a mute three year old boy. With the likelihood of ather murder growing as each day passes, the police force work night and day. But their efforts have offered little insight into the methodology of the killer. Then a distant memory resurfaces in Beck's mind, and he may just have the break he needs.
- Author BiographyMaj Sjowall and Per Wahloo, her husband and coauthor, wrote ten Martin Beck mysteries. They plotted and researched each book together then wrote alternate chapters. The books were written over a ten year period and carefully planned to allow for gradual character development and evolving social commentary as the series continued.Mr Wahloo, who died in 1975, was a reporter for several Swedish newspapers and magazines and wrote numerous radio and television plays, film scripts, short stories, and novels. Maj Sjowall is also a poet.
- Author(s)Major Maj Sjowall,Per Wahloo
- PublisherVintage Crime/Black Lizard
- Date of Publication10/02/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Crime/Black Lizard
- Weight209 g
- Width132 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Introduction byJo Nesbo
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.