All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThe internationally acclaimed, widely beloved flutist reflects on his storied career Sir James Galway is one of the top musicians of our time, with a dazzling career that has spanned five decades and many genres of music. Now he celebrates his seventieth birthday with a look back on his incredible career, during which he has traveled around the world many times over and made countless friends, including legends from the worlds of classical and popular music. He reflects on the challenges he faced coming from the poverty of working-class Belfast and making the decision to go solo as a flutist, as well as the triumphs as he made his way to the top of his profession. Offers a rare, personal glimpse at the life of a modern musical master whose work has ranged across the musical spectrum with collaborators as diverse as the Berlin Philharmonic, the Chieftains, John Denver, and Pink Floyd Includes delightful stories from Galway's career of more than fifty years Shares the challenges of touring and of melding public and private life By turns witty and informative, engaging and inspiring, The Man with the Golden Flute is a captivating read for fans of Galway and his music.
- Author BiographySir James Galway , nicknamed the man with the golden flute, is widely regarded as both a supreme interpreter of the classical flute repertoire and a consummate entertainer whose appeal crosses all musical boundaries. As the most televised and recorded classical artist performing today, Sir James has made himself a legend, a modern musical master whose virtuosity on the flute is equaled only by his limitless ambitions and vision. Linda Bridges is coauthor with John R. Coyne Jr. of Strictly Right: William F. Buckley Jr. and the American Conservative Movement .
- Author(s)James Galway,Linda Bridges
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication09/10/2009
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight548 g
- Width160 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.