All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough there has traditionally been considerable field-level attention on how consultants market their ideas and practices, there is still a lack of research that discusses the earlier intra-organizational phases in the development process. While the present literature provides important insights that enhance our understanding of consulting, the consultancy industry, and the way that consultants present their ideas and services on the market for management solutions, we kw relatively little about the way kwledge-based invations develop within consultancy firms and the mechanisms that shape the intra-organizational evolution of these ideas and practices. This book seeks to address this gap by revealing how the development of new ideas and practices takes shape in consultancies. The work addresses questions such as: In which way do consultancies sense the contemporary market needs? How do new ideas and practices become established within a consultancy? How do consultancies seek to maintain their repertoire? And what role do these new ideas and practices play in their assignments? To provide more insight into these different aspects of kwledge-based invation in consultancies, the book draws on and integrates literature from diverse relevant fields such as product invation and market orientation, but also uses institutional and practice-based perspectives. The research presented in this book can be seen in the light of emerging research into 'kwledge-based invation' and 'new concept development' that concentrate on empirically studying how kwledge entrepreneurs seek to develop commercially viable ideas and practices that have the potential to have a significant impact on management and organizational praxis.
- Author BiographyStefan Heusinkveld is Associate Professor at the VU University Amsterdam. His research focuses on the production and consumption of management ideas and, in particular, the role of management consultants and management gurus. His work has been published in journals including Human Relations, Journal of Management Studies, and Organization Studies.
- Author(s)Stefan Heusinkveld
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note11 black & white tables
- Weight362 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.