The Management of Innovation and Technology: The Shaping of Technology and Institutions of the Market Economy by John Howells (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $45.72Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $42.84+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'The book provides a valuable resource for researchers, practitioners and policy-makers...In particular, it provides a good introduction to broader aspects of the field of invation for researchers based within the engineering and science traditions' - Journal of Manufacturing Techlogy Management 'Howells has synthesised a broad range of sources with considerable insight to provide the first sophisticated single volume on invation that draws on ecomics, sociology, law and from the history of science and techlogy. By setting invation in social and institutional context, he convincingly shows how firms and markets shape and can be shaped by the decisions of managers and entrepreneurs. I will certainly be using this book as a central text for my Masters degree teaching on invation management, management of techlogy and related topics' - Jonathan Liebenau, London School of Ecomics and Columbia University 'A great strength of the book is the extensive and detailed integration of rich case study analyses into the main flow of the argument. Many apparently well kwn cases are revisited and critically assessed to draw clear and often contrary to popular belief lessons.This is a highly original and commendable feature of this text. It provides an unusually strong integration between theory and examples. And there is doubt of the relevance of the examples: they are t inserted as an afterthought, but are intrinsically part of the development of the thinking' - Professor James Fleck, Head of Entrepreneurship and Invation Group, University of Edinburgh Management School This book analyses a range of social contexts in which human decisions shape techlogy in the market ecomy. It comprises a critical review of both a select research literature and in-depth historical studies. Material is drawn from many social science disciplines to inform the reader of the reality of taking decisions on invation. The chapters cover: - The social context for individual acts of creative insight - The development of the techlogy-market relationship - The management of R&D and techlogical standards - Techlogical competition - The role of institutions of finance in invation - The reciprocal relationship between intellectual property law and techlogical invation.- The role of techlogical skills and regimes of techlogical education in invation. - An introduction to the role of the state in maintaining the invative capacity of the private sector.
- Author BiographyJohn Howells teaches, researches and publishes on the interaction between science, technological innovation and management. He has held posts at Brunel University and the University of Edinburgh in the UK. He is currently Associate Professor in the Aarhus School of Business, Denmark.
- Author(s)John Howells
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication13/01/2005
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight485 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.