All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is concerned with the nature of new manufacturing techlogies, such as CAD/CAM and robotics, as well as ap- propriate methodologies for evaluating whether such techlogies are financially and organizationally viable in particular contexts. The chapters included here were commissioned as papers for presen- tation at The Wharton Conference on Productivity, Techlogy, and Organizational Invation, which took place in Philadelphia on December 8 and 9 of 1983. The conference was sponsored by The University of Pennsylvania's Center for the Study of Organizational Invation. There has been a surge of interest in the area of manufacturing over the past ten years as managers have come to realize that the operations function is critical to remaining competitive. New status has been given to factory and operations managers. New programs revitalizing manufacturing and distribution have been introduced in organizations. Corporate strategy is w explicitly considering operations and manufacturing functions. And the curricula of leading business schools are reflecting the rapidly advancing research on techlogy management and manufacturing operations. In spite of these important signs of progress, we are clearly just at the beginning of understanding the issues involved here. The present volume provides a state-of-the-art review of the realities of techlogy management and manufacturing strategy. As described in the Editor's Introduction, we address four topics: The Nature of New Manufacturing Techlogy, Invation and Manufacturing Strategy, Productivity Management, and Techlogy Management and Organ- ization. These issues are clearly very important themes for U.S.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication27/09/2011
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight510 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byPaul R. Kleindorfer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.